Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wanting to be big

Lucy wants to be big so badly, from sitting at the dinner table with everyone, to wanting to try food. Its quite funny actually. We were given a "high chair", it's one of those chairs you connect to the table (or counter) and it's WAY too big for her so we have to stuff two blankets behind and on the sides of her just so she can sit up in it. I don't think it would be so bad if she could sit up on her own, but she can't quite do that yet, she still falls over after a couple of seconds. Anyways, she loves sitting in it especially when everyone else is sitting at the counter, cause she feels included :D I tried to get a video of her, but she was too distracted by the camera (what's new?), so I set the camera down so she didn't realize it was on...

A couple of weeks ago Lucy became interested in food, it was really funny the first time she realized what it was. I had her in the Baby Bjorn (facing out) while I ate a banana, I peeled it and then brought it to my mouth (which was behind her head) and as I did she turned her head with her mouth wide open.....I felt so bad that I had to let her try it! She didn't care for it, but later that week I let her sample an orange! She LOVES them! Don't worry, we're not giving her enough to chew on, she just sucks on the juice. She gets really mad when it's all gone, but I guess that's something she has to learn eventually. She's also tried carrots, squash, and rice. I'm going to try pureeing some different kinds of vegetables so we can start introducing solids to her diet (I know we've kind of already started 'introducing' them but I want to make it a regular thing, and also have some one hand for when she's feeling particularly left out.... like at dinner time. She also love drinking water from cups, it doesn't always make it's way into her stomach. Sometimes it's just a spit-swap sort of deal, but she enjoys it and it helps keep her hydrated, since she's been sick and hasn't had much of an appetite. I'm excited for her to start eating food! It's fun to watch her reactions and to see her act so big!

3 comments:

  1. how cute! i cant believe how big she is getting! so weird how fast they grow up. im coming the first week in May. ill give you a call and hopefully i can stop by and say hi!

    ReplyDelete