Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween

We had a hard time deciding what to do for Halloween this year. Devin was going to be working, and Lucy isn't old enough to really understand what is going on or say "trick or treat", so I figured we'd just get her a costume and study home and see all the trick or treat-ers. Well, I didn't want to buy a costume, and really didn't know what she should be. The weeks leading up to halloween Lucy had been making dog noises so we thought maybe we should just make her a dog costume, and it could double as p.j.'s after halloween. So I went to Joann's, I couldn't find the material I was hoping for, but I found some cute dogprint fabric that looked like a Dalmation so we went with that.
Since I've been trying to get my homework done, Celecta (devin's mom) was nice enough to sew it all together! It turned out great! I made the hood which ended up being a lot easier than I thought, and kind of fun! Lucy wore the costume for most of hte day, but that was also the day we ended up moving into the basement apartment (which is almost completely finished) so it was a stressful day for lucy. By the afternoon she was sick of it, so before her bedtime I put her back in it and took some picutres.

This one is my favorite! (yes, she is holding our video camera :S)
Acting the part....RoAR!!! Except dogs say bow wow...
(I'm resisting quoting Brian Regan, but for all of you fans, you can laugh to yourself if you know that skit)

And just because she is so cute, here is another picture of our little Lucy :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the puppy costume! She's such a doll! I miss you. We need to play!

    ReplyDelete