Have you ever read this book???
It is one of our favorites! We found it at the library when we were looking for 'B' books. Then when I was looking at activities to do I remembered the Making Learning Fun website. And found some fun printables for a feltboard story!
Some I copied some I made up on my own. We didn't actually do this activity the week we worked on the letter B because it took a lot longer than I thought it would. I initially thought I would just glue the pieces together. But I started with the bear and it just looked so cute to sew the pieces together and since I started with stiching one part of it I thought I should stitch all of them....hence the super duper long project. BUT I must say it looks pretty good! :)
Here is our long wavy grass! I used some green scrap fabric that I had, cut strips most of the way down. Sewed it onto some green felt (so it would stick onto our board) and voila...it doesn't stick as well as I would like, but its fun and actually looks wavy!
Here is our 'deep cold river'. I wasn't sure what to do with this one. So I cut it out and thought I'd try some glitter to make it shimmery like water.. I used spray on adhesive, sprayed it - poured on the glitter - then sprayed it again. It took a few days to dry enough for the glitter to stop falling off. But it doesn't come off anymore, so yay! It worked :)
Here is our mud hole. I still don't like it very much. I tried to make some foot prints (turns out sewing these things on is a pain in the rear!) So I only did two sets of feet and maybe someday I'll be inspired on how to make it look more like mud.
I made up the snowstorm. There was no printable for this piece. I cut out a cloud and free handed some stars, circles and random pieces to make the snow. Then I used embriodery thread to sew it all together. I actually really like it!
And our forest! I didn't have enough green to make two big ones so I free handed the smaller one. Good thing I did too, because they ended up really big. I wasn't sure how to attach the leaves to the trunk while keeping with the hand sewn look.
So I started with some diamond shaped leaves on the big tree. I was going to just do lines across, but after just doing the part to attach the trunk, I decided that would take WAY too long. So I just went around the edge.
For the small tree I changed my approach (for time sake) and just stitched straight lines. I was using multi colored green thread so there are different shades of green on the tree. Wasn't intended but left kind of a cool touch!
Here is my Cave. Pretty straight forward and simple. I only sewed the two pieces together.
And Mr. Bear. He was my funnest piece and turned out pretty stinkin' cute if I may say so myself :) I had some left over plush felt from Little Man's halloween costume so I used that for the bear.
Here is the whole set on our big board! It takes up the whole thing....Sorry for the funky lighting. The sun came out right before I took the picture ;)

So cute!! I'd love to hear the story. Maybe you could record yourself telling it with these pieces and post it.
ReplyDelete