Thursday, March 31, 2011

One week left

Whenever I get on here to post my mind goes blank. I think that's why I've been so bad at blogging lately. I just don't know what to write or how to write about what has been going on. So forgive me if I'm horrible at this, for some reason it's way easier to just write in my journal (it probably has something to do with the fact that people actually read what I put on here, but not my journal).

Anyways, the last month has been full of baby prep stuff. I planned out when I wanted to do what, so that I wouldn't get too excited too early. I don't think that plan worked very well because this last month has dragged and dragged. I think that's how it's supposed to be though, to help prepare you for having the baby. It seems like my days fluctuate every other day. One day I'm full of energy and happy and positive, and the next I'm dead tired and don't want to do anything (if I wasn't pregnant I'd wonder if I was bi-polar, haha). And sometimes I feel like my weeks are the same way. I have noticed that reading my scriptures and just making myself get up/out and doing things really helps me to have a better day. So, for now that is my 'pick-me-up'.
I went to the doctor yesterday, I'm dialated to a 2(meaning something's actually happening...with Lucy I was still a 1 when I went to the hospital)! and today I've been having some rather uncomfortable contractions (I'm just hoping they are doing something too :D ). Anyways, Devin and I are praying this baby comes sooner rather than later so that it doesn't land on/right before finals, like Lucy did.
Speaking of Lucy she has been making her own preparations for the arrival of her sibling. The last 2-3 weeks or so she has become OBSESSED with babies and baby dolls. It's pretty stinking cute (not to mention hilarious). One day she came to me with her 'baby' and started crying (it was a fake cry), then she started patting the baby's back and hugging it. I just about died laughing cause I'd never seen her do that before. Then she went and found the bottle, tried to feed it, wrapped it in a blanket, all the while it was crying and would not be soothed. I don't know where she got the idea to do all of these things, but I hadn't shown it to her. After about 10-15 mins of trying all these things the baby was finally happy. Here are a couple of pictures of her taking care of the baby.

Feeding the baby
Baby crying

I'm really happy she actually let me take these pictures. Usually whenever the camera or video camera come out she stops what she's doing and asks to look at it. I've tried several times to videotape her with her 'babies' because it really is just too cute. And if nothing else it would be great to have to show her when she is older. Here is the face Lucy makes whenever I tell her to smile for the camera...
She'll sit there making this face until the flash goes off, and THEN she smiles :).
Hahahaha, someday we'll figure that out.

As I've been unpacking, washing, and organizing all the baby stuff I've been trying to explain to Lucy that I have a baby in my belly and it will be here soon. I really don't know how much she understands, sometimes she does things that make me think she knows and other times she seems oblivious. Anyways, everything for the baby has been used by Lucy's little baby. The baby swing, the bouncer, the carseat! She asked to strap the baby in the other day and then wanted to take it out to the car! Hahaha, that was pretty stinking cute. Yesterday when we actually installed the carseat in the car, Lucy LOVED it! She helped me carry it up the stairs and outside. Of course, her baby doll was in there the whole time, but that's okay. We've even put a diaper on one of the dolls. I was taking them out (because I wanted to see how small they were) and when Lucy saw it she HAD to put it on her baby. We tried putting the baby in the cradle but when Lucy found out she couldn't be in there with it, it was no longer fun.
Ha, so another funny experience related to baby-ness. Last week, Lucy had been carrying her baby around ALL day. No joke. She wouldn't put it down to do anything. So in the afternoon we were in the toy room trying to play but she couldn't really do anything because she wouldn't let go of the baby. So finally I folded up a blanket and told her to lay the baby on the blanket so it could sleep, she conceded, and when she stood up she straightened her arm and made a face, as if to say, "ow, that hurts." I just laughed because that's what I used to do when I'd hold her all day when she was a little baby.
Among all the preparation for little baby to join us, I've been trying to do some projects that I know I won't be able to get to for a while. I made a flannel board and scripture stories! I've been wanting to do this for a while, and finally got a chance to! I found some incredible websites that have a bunch of scripture stories that you can just print of the images and use. I'll have to take pictures and show you how I did it. I'm really excited to be able to slowly build on the ones I have as Lucy gets older. I make my first rag-quilt. That was a lot of fun. I made it out of some of Devin's old T-shirts. It's baby blue and brown (sorry I'll post pics later) and I think it turned out pretty nice for my first quilt. I started making a dress (non-maternity) but got to a point where I can't finish it until the baby is born because my belly was getting in the way and making it all funky. So that project has been postponed. I know there's more, but I can't think of them right now.

1 comment:

  1. I love that she has been doing all of that! It sounds like she is going to be a very helpful big sister.

    And I wanted to say, in the cutest possible way, Lucy looks like a gremlin in the family pic on your blog . . . :)

    ReplyDelete