First of all and definitely not my favorite thing was the one month wait to get into our apartment out here in Vernal. The apartment is brand new and so of course building was behind. Thankfully Devin has a mission buddy who lives out here and he was able to stay in the Foley's camper for the month we were waiting on our apartment. But that meant that Devin was gone during the week and home on the weekends. That was ONE of the hardest things I've done. I'm glad we were still in the Moss' basement so that we had some company on days we were missing Daddy.
Well, the end of May came along and we got the phone call that the apartment wouldn't be done for another two weeks. Because our apartment was mostly packed and Devin had a business trip the third week of June we decided to go on a vacation! haha! At the time I kept telling myself I was crazy for going on a two week trip, especially after all the complaining I had been doing about living away from Devin. Whitney my sister-in-law was going to be in Alabama visiting her grandparents, ad I had never been to visit Esperanza (my sister) since she had moved to Alabama a couple of years ago. So we booked the tickets! We were so excited to get to go out there and visit everyone!
First day in Alabama we got to pick watermelons!
Lucy and Alden in the stroller ready to pick some watermelons
Cole wasn't going to have anything to do with that girly hat...guess I can't blame him :)
We walked a few minutes to the watermelon patch and as soon as we got the kids out of the strollers Cole just plopped down in the grass :)
Here's Bama dog. Lucy and Aldens best friend while we were there.
Grand-Daddy showing the kids how to tell if the watermelons were good.
Lucy was following GrandDaddy everywhere asking him if the watermelons were ready :)
Cole hanging out in the back of the truck with the watermelons. He thought this was the best thing ever.
Have you ever had a yellow-meated watermelon?
I hadn't either,
those things are AMAZING! Lucy was a fan.
We had so much fun and Gram and GrandDaddy's. Not only did the kids play with Bama every chance they got,
but they had a cat named Zoe that they chased whenever she was near...she didn't stick around long though. She was Cole's favorite because she didn't lick him all over.
We also got to swim in their pool (pictures to come when I figure out how to get them on the computer). We also got to feed the goats! The kids loved riding in Grand-Daddy's truck. So whenever we had scraps to give the goats we got to go for a ride that night.
Alden and Lucy loving their ride
The goats just came RUNNING!
This day we had watermelons to give them. The goats loved it.
Lucy, Cole, Alden, Leigh, and Whitney watching the goats chow down.
Every morning we would go to find the goats, even if we weren't feeding them. It gave us some exercise and the kids some excitement! We would chase them all over until we were close enough to see them. Most days they would just run as far away from us as they could.
Whitney has a cousin named Ronda who lives through the woods, about a 15 min walk. This lady had everything, from goats, pigs, chickens, dogs, even a pet deer!!! It was So fun to see all her animals.
Most of the pictures at Ronda's ended up on Whitney's camera (and my computer doesn't want to upload the pics, as soon as I get it to I'll get those fun pictures on here)
this is the only picture I got on my camera.
This goat was hilarious, it thought it was a dog. It would let anyone pet it :)
Leigh would always stand by this door and watch Bama and Zoe outside. And Lucy loved playing with Leigh.
Check out that smile :)
WARNING: NAKED BABIES! :D
Every night we would head to our room to 'wind down' before bed..well our winding down started with the kids jumping wildly on the bed! The only picture I got of them doing this was right after they took a bath :)
That's all I've got time for today! And this post is already really long! I'll post more when I have a chance :)
No comments:
Post a Comment