Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

This year Gina and I decided to make the kids costumes matching! We saw a picture (on pinterest) of two little kids dressed up as Fred and Wilma Flinstone (from The Flinstones) and thought it was so cute we should do that for Lucy and Aiden, and have Cole be Bam Bam. It was SO fun! We got together and made the costumes one day (a little crazy but it was fun!). Lucy got so excited when she saw she was wearing a dress. Put Lucy in a dress and she is in heaven (usually).  Anyways, Cole wouldn't even try on his costume (or Aiden either for that matter---what's wrong with little boys??) so it wasn't really 'fitted' but it still turned out and he even wore it TWICE! 
After hearing about other people's fun festive dinner ideas I was feeling a little lame with mine. So I dyed our chicken orange (with this cool seasoning called Sazon) and mixed it with black beans and put it all over rice! Get it...black, orange..halloween colors!!
 Here it is all cooking
Steamy Rice
And the finished product. I know it doesn't look like anything amazingly tasty, but I have to say this is one of my favorite meals. I LOVE chicken with black beans and rice. 
Devin's pre-tasting face....
AND I have to point out that the rice turned greenish-brown...more halloween-y -ness :D...I know I'm stretching it but I was pretty excited about how it all turned out. 
Lucy was NOT this excited about the food...just her picture.
Cole did love the food though!

 Our ward had a Trunk or Treat (which actually had an AMAZING turn out!). Since our trunk is faulty and won't stay up (and the fact that we live a block from our church) we carved a pumpkin and put our candy inside! Here is our amazing pumpkin!
 It was all Devin's idea, that guy is a genius. I really wish I was as creative as he is. He even pinned a grocery bag so the candy wouldn't get all slimy. I thought it was pretty cool. 
 Here is Bam-Bam by the candy pumpkin (little mister sticky fingers couldn't wait for the candy)
 Devin was a bug-catcher and I was a ladybug!
 Little Miss Wilma
 Wilma, Bug-Catcher, Bam Bam
 My kids love suckers! Cole kept holding his in front of his teeth and sucking it with his lips....it was hilarious!
 Whenever there were suckers in a bowl Lucy would grab one! She has a TON of suckers in her bag.
 Here we all are!
 Like my antenae? I sure did!
 And here are the happy couple :) 
Gina &Tyson & Aiden were late due to traffic so we got pictures together after the Trunk or Treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment