Due to the negative temperatures that ransomed the first month of the year. We spent many a day indoors. We had loads of fun, watched lots and lots of TV, definitely got cabin fever, and made WAY too many treats :)
The highlights?
The kids surprise me everyday with something new. I am blown away with the things they come up with that they learn all by themselves.
Lets start with Lucy Mae. Since she is the oldest.
We've been working on really getting her preschool time in while the others nap. She enjoys it and its good for both of us. While practicing writing our letters Lucy decided to dot her T, so she could follow the line :) I usually dot numbers, shapes, letters, etc. If she isn't sure how to do it or if she just wants a little help. But this time she insisted on doing it herself.

As of January 25th she knew all but the following letters, E R W I J T Z N! I was AMAZED! I had no idea she knew that many.
Lucy's drawing has taken off as well. She asked me the other day to draw a horse for her. I told her she could do it all on her own by using ovals, circle, and lines. I took out a piece of paper and showed her what I meant. Then she asked me to tell her the instructions while she did it.

Here is her horse and rider by a river.
Cole Buddy.
This little guys talking has become non-stop. The other day I'm pretty sure he woke up talking and didn't stop for at least 2 hours.
He has decided to take matters into his own hands. For awhile he was informing me of what he was going to do but now he just does it.

Here is my proof. He started to say, "mom, can I-" then he just stopped and went to grab the table. He pulled it all the way to the counter and started to climb up to get the rice krispies.
There was something else he wanted, I think it was some treat, I heard him in the kitchen saying, "my parents said I can" over and over. I went over and he just looked at me, "my parents said I can". I about DIED of laughter!!!
Cole wants to be like Devin. Whenever Devin is out switching the cars around or shoveling the walk Cole wants to be right there with him. The other day we were brushing teeth and Cole asks, "can I use daddy's toothbrush?"
Me: "you should just use your own bud."
Cole:"but i'm a big boy! Can I please use daddy's?"
Cole is also improving in the art area. He has been drawing circles for sometime but just recently started drawing triangles.
One thing that hasn't changed is his goofiness...
Sadie baby.
I don't think we should call her baby anymore because she insists on being big. We got the kids a table for Christmas and that is the only place they will eat their food. So Sadie loves to eat at that table too. We tried putting her bumbo on the table but that wasn't good enough. As you can imagine mealtime has become very messy! But she's getting pretty good at feeding herself!

In the car one day I looked back and this was the face I saw. She just makes me laugh all day with her funny expressions.
Sadie loves to color. Probably more than the other two did at this age. 

She is always coming to me with books, paper or markers if she can get her hands on one. I'm just happy she still comes to me so I know she wants to draw and doesn't do it by herself.

My mom got Sadie this bunny for Christmas and it is one if her favorite toys. She has also hijacked Cole's favorite puppy and claims it as get own....
We're hoping February brings warmer weather but so far it isn't looking to good. Praying for inspiration and creativity to get us through these cold cold months!

No comments:
Post a Comment