This week started off with an exciting development! Eddi decided he was going to be awake and happy for extended periods of time throughout the day!
And a little video of him :)
After waking up in the middle of the night Sadie asked, "Mommy, why my not sleeping?" She was thirsty and looking for her water. She has the quietest pitter-patter of all our children. If I hadn't been awake with Eddi already I think she may have ended up in the kitchen looking for me.
Tuesday night Lucy came down with a fever. It was sudden and no fun. This poor girl was ready to sleep at 6 o'clock.
Of course our thermometer was broken when we needed to check her temperature, so Cole Buddy and I went to walgreens...in the car on the way back a truck with a really loud muffler passed us:
Cole: "Woah, what was that sound?"
Me: "That was a truck driving past"
Cole: "Oh, with a cow in it?"
Me: laughing, "with a cow in it? no, it just had a really loud muffler"
Cole: "Oh, it sounded like a truck with a cow in it!"
The fever lasted two days and was accompanied by a sore throat and mild difficulty breathing. Thankfully we have a wonderfully understanding Doctor who kindly refilled her inhaler without requiring an office visit. She was distraught that she couldn't go to school and about missing a friends birthday. But she was miraculously better on Friday and back to her normal self. We are all so grateful the illness didn't get passed around.
Wednesday we made apple muffins and while eating one Lucy asked what happened to apples when you bake them. I told her they get soft, but she wanted to know more so we popped a whole apple in the oven...
"It's squishy on the outside, and slimy on the inside." It was a fun little experiment.
This is pure Cole.
Thursday we played with vinegar and baking soda. The kids love this activity, but the eye droppers were a new addition.
Here is Cole plopping the rest of the goop to make green.
Sadie enjoyed it so much she sat in this chair long after the other two left. "My not done yet!" "I made a dragon" "I draw a baby horse" "No more rino, I cover him, I shoo him back in he cave".
This little kid just wanted to sit and coo at me! It was the sweetest thing.
"Fe-fi-fo-fum"
My little cuddle-bug.
Sadie can still fit in a magazine holder. After a diligent effort to push Cole around the house, he decided it would be more fun to just push her.
"I'm strong enough, Mom"
Friday night we had our ward christmas party! It was a lot of fun. We sang "Angels we have heard on high" as a family. Then the kids sang "12 days of christmas", but just sang the first 5 versus. Lucy was getting nervous, Cole was taking over the mic and Sadie was discovering how loudly she could stomp her feet on the stage :) I thought it was a good place to end.
This is how sadie watched the first 10 minutes of the program.
Our kids were feeling a little left out that they didn't have antlers, but enjoyed sitting with Santa's reindeer none-the-less. We topped off our night with our crazy little Sadie jumping/falling off the stage and doing this to her eye.
She is fearless. And I am convinced has the pain tolerance of a bull. I have seen her take many scrapes/bumps/falls that would have me at least crying out in pain for a moment or two. But she will jump back up again ready to keep going.
Saturday morning Sadie and Cole were playing on the beds, Cole requested I put Sadie up on the top bunk with him. Usually they come and tell me when she is ready to get down (can you guess where this is going?), about 5 minutes later Sadie and Cole come running into the kitchen. It took me a minute to realize why that should seem odd. Once it hit, I asked how in the world Sadie got off the bed, to which Cole replied, "Sadie climbed over and let herself fall." I had no response... You can bet I will never be putting her back on that bed again.
Po got some long overdue attention yesterday. His pen was moved to a new patch of lawn, and he got walked! Lucy was really happy about it and I'm sure he appreciated the opportunity to explore.
And to finish off with my very imaginative little boy, this is what he said when he came in from taking care of Po, it had been 5 minutes:
"Whew, that was a long time, I just got chased by a leopard! Its cold out there."











No comments:
Post a Comment