Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Can we say "diaper malfunction"?

DISCLAIMER: There may be some gross pictures of what was supposed to end up in a diaper....but honestly they aren't that gross :D
Okay so lately Lucy has been wetting the bed at night. No we are not potty training yet :) The reason is not that she doesn't wear a diaper (because she does) or that her diaper gets too full. In the morning it's definitely NOT that full....I've seen worse. But for some reason the diapers are leaking! Kind of frustrating, but it's not THAT big of a deal.
Anyways, on to the point of this post... Monday I was getting the diaper bag together because we were going to get Lucy's immunizations. She was sitting on the bed quietly playing with my backpack straps, one of her favorite things to play with, I looked up to see what she was doing and this is what I saw....
Hmmm....what's that between her legs, you ask? Yes, yes it is and YES she was playing with it!! There was no warning. Usually we know when Lucy is filling her diaper, she usually grunts or at least she breathes differently, or you hear it,or something! This time was silent.....SO happy I looked up when I did! :p
Closer view - it may not look like a lot but she was covering quite a bit of it :S
(Don't you love the chubby legs?)
Was she worried or upset about this? No way! She thought it was pretty fun....So we ran into the bathroom, I stood her on the counter to pull off her shorts, which of course were covered, then I looked up in the mirror and lo and behold! I found the source of the problem...

Her bum cheek was hanging out!! I just laughed! This is not the first time we've found her diaper like this and we can't figure out how this happens. (Anyone know how to prevent it?) I took off the diaper and sat her in the sink so I could fold it up...and I found another surprise!

A clean diaper! Aside from the little smudge on the side this diaper could probably pass as new!! What in the world??? How could it only get that little bit on it? I was confuzzled on this one, and still laugh when I think about it.
Sorry for the gross pictures but it had to be documented. This one was just too good :D

2 comments:

  1. HA! So funny and so mind boggling! I have had my fair share of diaper anomalies, but nothing quite like that! :) So funny... I've been trying to figure out how she could get her whole cheek out of her diaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm glad you were able to document and laugh about this little event. This things always seem to happen right at the wrong moment as you're walking out to door. Good luck with figuring out how to prevent it :)

    ReplyDelete