I walked into Cole and Lucy's room one day to find this!
He really loves to read. He will sit and flip through books all by himself. I love that he will do that, but sometimes I feel bad that he won't bring books to me to get read to. It all started because he didn't like sitting through the books Lucy would choose for her turn. So now he will read whatever he wants while he waits for his pick to get read.
Coloring on the itouch / nook.
Devin and I both have coloring apps on our devices(whatever they are called). And the kids love to color on them. They get frustrated after a while because they click the wrong buttons and get taken to some part of the app they can't get out of. But they enjoy it for a good 10 mins or so. One morning while I was getting ready I came into my room and found Lucy tucked under our sheets with Cole laying on the pillows behind her just watching her color. It was adorable, but I was too slow to catch the moment. So this is the best I got before Cole came for the camera.
Dancing / being animals
Both Lucy and Cole LOVE to dance. They are so creative, I can't help but smile while they dance. And Lucy has taken a liking to being animals lately. Cole still doesn't quite get the whole pretending thing, but he will still have fun following along and copying Lucy.
Watching Movies
My kids are addicted! We've been decreasing the amount of videos we watch. This summer it got way out of hand, and we've been slowly weaning ourselves from them. Some days are better than others, but we are doing WAY better than before, so for now, I'm happy with it. Cole is a thumb sucker, and LOVES playing with hair. Biggest best comfort for him ever is doing both at the same time. One morning, I came downstairs and saw this. It was adorable. Lucy rarely lets him play with her hair but I guess she was too into the movie to care what he was doing.
Body Chalk
That is what our sidewalk chalk has become! More of it gets on our arms and legs and faces than it does on the actual cement. Here are some close-ups of our 'mustaches'
Lucy had covered her whole mouth and chin, so I just extended it into a beard.
Lucy did my face (pardon my messy hair and lack of makeup -- it was saturday morning :D )
Cole got a yellow mustache!
Living room window
We have little animals we bought from JoAnns whenever we had a 50% off coupon. Best purchases ever because the kids LOVE them. I won't buy them anymore because they went up in price and we've found some better deals on animal toys. I don't regret my purchases at all, these toys are played with more than any other we have at our house.
This is our living room window, the kids love to perch up here an play.
And I just thought they looked so cute so I took some pictures :)
Trying to be educational
I've been trying to do some little home preschool stuff. I haven't been very organized and feel like I keep doing stuff the kids don't really like. I guess it's more learning for Mama than it is for the kids. So I just try to go with the flow and hopefully I'll get better at planing stuff they enjoy and can do :)
Today we did leaf rubbings! We went outside and picked leaves. I told the kids we were going to color leaves. I didn't know how else to explain it. It ended up being mostly me doing the rubbing. They liked the end result but couldn't really do it by themselves. Maybe next year this will be more appropriate!
I ran upstairs to grab the camera and came back to find this. They had more fun coloring around the leaves than they did rubbing over them :D Above is Lucy's
This one is Cole's
Showing me his crayon :)
Pointing out her outlined leaves :)
***Notice those little animals in their hands?? Told you they are played with a lot! ***
No comments:
Post a Comment