Because the photos loaded backwards and I'm too lazy to go switch them around I'll just go backwards :)
Adventures in Canning
We have a wonderful ward. Actually I have been blown away with the kindness of the people here in Illinois. A guy from Devin's work has been brining us all sorts of stuff from their garden! It has been fun trying some new recipes that they have suggested. Then a woman in our ward gave me a jar processor and some canning supplies. And another woman gave me a TON of tomatoes. And a guy down the street has an apple tree that he doesn't care for or use so we've been given the okay to use his apples!
So with all of that this last week I got to make 13 quarts of salsa. It may seem like a lot but with Devins love of salsa that will not last us THAT long :). I also got to try my hand at homemade Spaghetti Sauce, which is delectable! And I got to make applesauce for the first time, but might need to tweak what I did a little bit..we'll see. Canning was fun, a little overwhelming, time-consuming, but INCREDIBLY rewarding, I enjoyed it.
What?!?? That cake doesn't look scary to you?
We've been slowly decorating for Halloween and getting into the non-scary side of Halloween. It has been fun. I tried to get the kids to do a halloween cake but since the favorite color of this household is BLUE we had to settle for half-n-half.
Can you see our puppets??
One of the kids most favorite things of late is playing with flashlights. We hid in the dark and 'search' for whatever they decide we're looking for.
They keep them in their bed and after Sadie is asleep they are allowed to play with their flashlights until they fall asleep.
They love it and I think it is so cute....I don't know why but I do.
BOGGIO'S (a.k.a. the pumpkin patch)
We went with a family from our ward we do preschool with. This was a fun place, there were a few animals, some fun activities, and INCREDIBLE amount of pumpkins, pony-rides (thankfully only on the weekends) and some really good doughnuts :)
Ever seen a goose with hair?? Haha, I hadn't either. They were not nice geese ( I don't think I ever have met a nice goose). There was a big hay pile with tunnels running under it and a tree house next to it with underground tunnels. Kind of cool!
There was a corn silo, just a small silo filled with corn! They played in it like you would sand, really fun. Little Sadie kept eating the corn. I thought I stopped any from going down but, alas, I found one in her diaper the next day...TMI? Sorry :)
Check out these pumpkins!!! They were VERY large.
Fall is here!
I have been loving the fact that this year Lucy understands the seasons and the changing weather. Well, not necessarily UNDERSTANDS them, but notices and asks about it, etc. The leaves have started changing and falling just in the last week and a half.
Burying each other in the leaves.
He LOVES the pile of leaves! I don't think he has liked something so much since we started swimming in the summer.
Tromping through the leaves...
Now Cole is burying Lucy.
Sadie didn't like the leaves at all. Not sure why, but she is not a fan and really doesn't like to sit down next to them.
After playing in the pile it was time for dinner. We kept calling Cole in but he kept running through the pile and raking it back together. He didn't want to eat, just to play. Love this kid.Yup. Plural. There are now two thumbsuckers in this family.
Sadie decided it was time to find her comforter. Too bad she doesn't find it at night! I really wish she would.
She just uses it during the day and sometimes during naps with some convincing from me :) :) :)
And just because he is the champion of it...here is Cole-meister.
Sinker-face
Sadie is a stinker. Literally and figuratively. A week after Cole recovered from being sick Sadie got the nasty flu. She had fevers for 3 days...of 103...yeah, it was bad. She got stuffy and congested, earaches. The whole nine yards. And diarrhea so bad her bum was sore for over a week! I had never seen diaper rash so bad. After a visit to the doctor and a miracle cream suggested she is now recovered with a perfectly pink cute baby bum :)
Thankfully, thankfully after the earache settled down she was a happy baby once again. Happy enough to give us some stink :) This was the face she made when Devin caught her ripping up some tissues or wipes.
Her nine month update:
She thinks she is HILARIOUS, she'll do something and just laugh at herself.
She LOVES her siblings and thinks they are even funnier than herself.
She loves to eat, but she needs to feed herself or she'll just take out whatever you put in her mouth look at it and put it back in.
She can walk across a room but because she wants to run she falls within a few feet :)
She can say 'mama'
She 'calls' for Lucy and Cole.
Loves to play peek-a-boo and hide and seek.
Gets UBER excited whenever we go outside....we should probably go outside more.....
because this post is already incredibly long I'll end there.
We still love going to the parks around here.
Kids found a lady bug
This is one of the coolest things at the park. They climb to the top,
or climb upside down.
Cole is finally going down slides!!! He went down by himself for a few months, but it seems like FOREVER since he would go down by himself. He still wants me to go down some of them with him but he is getting so much better.
I don't know what these are called but Lucy LOVES them. Now that we wear long sleeves more often she is constantly asking to go to the park so that she can go down this.
That is our October in a not-so-small nutshell :)
Okay, I need to know what this miracle diaper cream is. Shoot me an email, please! (You should be able to reply to this comment in gmail)
ReplyDeleteAlso, you are such a fun mom! Shadow puppets and cakes--that is awesome!
Nice update... Sounds like you are enjoying your "home away from home." Hope all continues to go well. Love ya
ReplyDelete