Sunday, October 27, 2013

Potty Training


Cole has been potty training for the last few weeks. I wasn't going to start yet because I hated the way I pushed Lucy to be potty trained and I've heard boys are usually ready later, but one day he told me he wanted to go on the potty and he went. He went several times that day so we decided he was ready! It had been pretty good. Here is the log I've kept on my phone:
September 26th you started potty training. "Mommy! I go human potty!" 
We decided to start him standing to pee, seemed easier and we have a seat is hard to get over without hurting himself. That first day he was peeing he said, "Yook, I'm popping bubbles!" :) Yes, yes you are.
10.1.13 -- Dry all day today! We went out THREE times and you had no accidents. Trying underwear tonight! [he has been wearing underwear every night since, only peed once...sadly last night]

10.4.13  Two accidents today but its because I'm not prompting you to go I wanted to see if you would run to the bathroom yourself. You peed on the way to the potty but made it in time to poop! You peed and didnt' say anything once, the next time you ran as fast as you could but couldn't hold it long enough :)

10.7.13     I was putting Sadie to sleep while i heard the following take place:
Running feet
potty slams
stool scooted into place
Lucy, "oh, do you need to dough potty?"
Cole, "Ya."
Lucy, "I'll help you!!" (very enthusiastically)
Hear peeing sound....
Lucy, "Dood Jab, buddy!" (good job)
"a little more..."
Cole, "All done" 
Lucy, "otay do you need a wipe? Let me help you, otay? Otay. There ya go bud!"
"Ahright, pull up your pants and panties"

LOL. I just sat in the room and listened. And tried not too laugh too hard. Still working on telling Lucy that Cole wears underwear not panties.


This week we've hit it hard. You had a few days last week where you just peed. And stopped saying anything. It was really weird. So this week we printed off a sticker chart and told you that if you stayed dry for a week we'd get you Spider-man underware. Well you did it and got you big boy underware!! In the end you picked Pixar but still loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment