Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bottom's up!

Last week Lucy made big step towards crawling! She lifted her bum off the ground! I was amazed to see it. Usually she'll just kick her legs and move her arms around, but because her belly is so big she tends to get a little high-centered and feet just can't seem to make contact with the ground. But that phase has passed! She's now lifting her bum off and can even get her belly off the floor too! Now we're just working on her arm strength. She tends to use her back to lift her head, so I'm thinking her rolly arms are probably NOT made of muscle :D.

Not only is she learning to push up with her legs but she's discovering that she can roll! She can't do it by herself (I'm the only reason why she's even rolled over) BUT she's starting, she'll lay on her stomach and stretch her arms forward while she leans to one side...so it's not far off :D (or I'm just SUPER hopeful and helplessly blind to my daughters inabilities...either way, I think she'll do it soon!). I haven't captured her attempts on video yet but as soon as I do I'll post it :D

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Aiden won't even tuck his legs under like that. He has always loved to have the straight from the day he was born. Maybe Lucy will beat Aiden to crawling (assuming he ever does)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love that she sticks her face into the floor to push up her butt!! Haha! And I love her jumpsuit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She'll be following you around before you know it!

    ReplyDelete