Motherhood, being a mom is all I ever wanted in life.
I dreamed/wished for the day I would be a mom.
When I could have kids of my own to love and play with and teach.
Since I've become a mom I feel like I've been weighed down with the 'need to do' things. The kids need baths, they need naps, they need food, they need a clean house, they need etc, etc.
I used to want twelve kids.
Then ten.
When I got married I wanted eight.
Six months ago I was done at three!
My sisters used to joke with me that I would be that mom with ten kids running around her crazy! I would have the loud home with kids running all over.
With all the joking there was never the "annoyed mom, 'oh my goodness my kids are being so loud, how embarrassing!'" aspect implied or imagined. I always envisions happy chaos :)
I've thought of that often these last few months. I've talked to many other mothers and non-mothers, about my inadequacies of being a mom and not having it all together, etc. etc.
You know what they have all said? Give it time, you will find your way or that is what I have gleaned from the conversations.
Then today one of my friends posted a link to this blog post.
Then today one of my friends posted a link to this blog post.
It has put word to my thoughts and feelings of late. I have been trying to find a way to be that mom that I used to dream of being. To love being with my kids, to teach them, to not be overburdened with what I cannot fit into each day. To let them be kids!
I have found my answer to becoming the mom I envisioned myself of being.
My answer?
Heavenly Father.
Forgetting about what 'everyone else can do' because why does it matter what they can do?
What matters is what I can do, with the Lord.
Matthew19:26 -"but with God, all things are possible."
I am so grateful for His hand in my life thus far. I am so grateful for the help He has given me.
I am happy I have time to work on becoming the mom I have always wanted to be so that I can love my family even more.
I have been told before the scriptures are the guidebook to parenthood. I know now that is the truth because only through the scriptures and the truths taught within them can we find our way.
Grateful for another day to start again!
Grateful for another day to start again!
No comments:
Post a Comment